Put in your expression of interest for the support worker position at ILS!
Inclusive Lifestyle is a South Australian owned and operated Social Service Organisation. We provide support for people living with disabilities and/or mental ill-health. Our employees are passionate and committed to ensuring our clients are supported to embrace every opportunity for a better quality of life. Our employees enjoy working within a friendly and supportive work environment. In this environment, your own hobbies and interests can be woven into the supports provided to our customers. We are building our team and are seeking entry-level and experienced support workers. We are looking for people who can join immediately and help grow our team in all areas of Eastern, Western, Central and Southern Adelaide Suburbs so express your interest now.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Implement care and behaviour support plans. These plans are aimed at supporting individuals who have complex support needs and behaviours of concern to achieve their goals.
- Support customers with Autism, intellectual, physical or psychosocial disability, medical needs and complex behaviours.
- Support participants to develop and maintain independence
- Helping our participants to engage with their local communities. This is done through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Support participants with personal care, health issues and hygiene. These include eating, dressing, toileting and showering.
- Assist with coaching independent life skills such as cooking, domestic and social skills
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support
- Current SA Drivers License (Essential)
- DHS Working With Children Check (Essential)
- National Police Check (Essential)
- Current First aid and CPR Certificate (Essential)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate (Essential)
- Entry Level and Experienced Disability Support Workers needed
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, regular sleepovers, weekends and public and/or school holidays with significant availability
- Proactive & Actively engage with our participants
- Join a vibrant organisation with rewarding career pathways
- Join a team full of opportunities for further growth
- Flexible work-life balance
- A fun and supportive working environment
- A family-friendly workplace is offered. Support is provided for staff to manage their home and work lives effectively.